Monday 11 January 2016

Dear all

The adventure of my life is about to begin in one day. I'm going to spend my spring semester 2016 in Hong Kong as an exchange student. This is going to be my first big adventure from cosy and safe home to the strange and great world. Wish me luck!

To begin with, here is briefly something about my incoming studies. I'm going to study in the University of Hong Kong (HKU) which is ranked 1st in Hong Kong, 3rd in Asia, 43rd in the world (The World University Rankings 2014). Uh, it's going to be tough. Anyway, my main subject is Food and Nutritional Science in the department of Biological Science. I have selected courses which includes for example clinical nutrition, nutrigenomics, food and nutritional toxicology. I'm so excited but at the same time very nervous!

Sorry, I almost forgot to introduce myself! I'm a 24-year-old girl who is originally from Äetsä (tiny town in Pirkanmaa region) but afterwards moved to Kuopio throughout Turku to study Clinical Nutrition in the University of Eastern Finland (UEF). I live with my spouse in our nice little flat in the centre of Kuopio. While I'm having my adventure in Hong Kong my spouse tries to study hard. Or maybe he just has made me believe so.. Even so, I hope he will have a nice spring in Kuopio. I will truly miss him!



I'll keep you posted!

Yours,
Veera




5 comments:

  1. So cool Veera! Have a nice exchange and experience as much as you can. You'll never froget that! :) (I really know how nervous you are ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyviä kuvia ja yksityiskohtia...miltä koivet maistu?
    Mukava lukea kuulumisia ja tietää paikasta enemmän kuullostaa lupaavalta kaikin puolin - vielä kun oppisivat eristään rakennuksia, sillä jos on kylmä nyt niin kesällä on kuuma ja hikistä. Ehtiikö katsomaan vanhaa Kiinaa onko vapaita kevään kuluessa? Opikelu intoa toivottaen Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos kommentista! Koivet ei ollut hirväen hyviä, mutta kaikkea kannattaa kokeilla. Tarkoitus olisi käydä Kiinan puolella pariinkin otteeseen, jos aika riittää. Opiskeluhommia kyllä riittää, mutta pitää vaan tehdä hommia! Mukavaa kevättä sinne! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete